The Bank of Richmondville was established in 1881 by the honorable Judge John Westover and James Foster as a privately owned bank. The bank's initial facility was located at Main and Summit Streets in Richmondville, New York.
In the fall of 1893, through the efforts of William Lewis and A.D. Frasier, the Bank of Richmondville was organized and incorporated as a chartered bank of the State of New York. A.D. Frasier was named the Bank's first president, and J.H. Brown Vice President. The Bank had 50 original stockholders with $50,000 in total capital.
Schoharie County historian William E. Roscoe wrote of the bank in 1882, "The business men of the village and surrounding county fully appreciate the convenience, and assure their confidence, in a flattering patronage."
On September 8, 1982, the Bank opened its second office located on East Main Street in Cobleskill, New York. In addition to branch services, this office houses the bookkeeping, computer, finance and loan operations departments of the Bank.
On October 19, 1998, the Bank opened its third office located on Main Street in Schoharie, New York. This facility provides drive up ATM service, night depository, and two lanes of Drive Thru services in addition to traditional banking services.
Today, the Bank of Richmondville has grown in excess of $100 million in total assets and over $10 million in capital. The Bank also employs 38 local staff members.
As a “community” bank, the Bank of Richmondville’s primary market area is geographically situated in and around Cobleskill, Richmondville and Schoharie, all located in Schoharie County, New York. The Bank of Richmondville is also pleased to serve the needs of those in all neighboring towns and villages.
The Bank remains an independent, community bank offering a variety of competitive personal, commercial, non-profit and municipal products, combined with the hospitality and personal service of a hometown bank.
USA Patriot Act
Important Disclosures Regarding the New FDIC Insurance Rules